Tuesday, April 20, 2010

85 Years Young

Grandpa Bonzo turned 85 yesterday, we celebrated his birthday on Saturday, We had a delicious BBQ, salads, veggies, fruits, and of course cake and ice cream, and most of the family was there, it was a beautiful day, and I think Grandpa enjoyed every bit of it. He is one amazing man! He is my hero for many reasons, He fought for our country in WWII and the Korean War, he was my babysitter when I was little, we had Friday lunch dates every week. I'm so proud to say, that he watches Kamry while I go to school in the mornings, that's pretty impressive, and I don't worry one bit. He goes like the wind, nothing stops that man, he keeps up his yard, and loves to tinker with anything. Happy Birthday Gpa, we sure love you!!!








































(I put his picture in the paper, and this was the article)

{David K. Bonzo of Cedar City celebrated his 85th birthday at a family birthday party at his residence. David was born April 19, 1925 in Greenville, Utah to Egbert and Elisa Reese Bonzo, and was the 5th of 9 children. He married Ione Davis on November 16, 1952 in Pioche, NV. Together they have 5 boys, Rick (Wendy), Paul (deceased), Eric (Lisa), Todd (Lorie), and Scott. He also has 14 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren. David worked for the Utah International Iron Mines for over 25 years, and KB Oil for 20 years. David served in WWII with the 101st Airbone from 1942-1944 and in the Korean War with the 213th Utah Army National Guard. We Love you Dad & Grandpa. We hope you have a Happy Birthday with many more to come.}

2 comments:

KM said...

Grandparents are the best! I don't know what I would do without mine. What a fun celebration.

Justin said...

Thanks Nikki for posting this. You are so right, he is an amazing man and a true hero.

What a blessing and a privilege to be his grandson.