Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our Beautiful Baby Girl

I'm a little late posting this blog, but I had to announce that our little girl was finally born!..
I work up that morning and was getting ready for work, when I notice that my water had broke, I first called Michael, I told him not to panic but to get home fast, he was in New Harmony working, I then called my Mom, she said to get my stuff ready and if Michael couldn't get there she would come get me. I finished getting ready, packed my bag and had that & Kamry's bag by the front door, it didn't take Michael long to get home, when he did, he hugged me and asked if I was ok, then jumped in the shower, and we were out the door, I wasn't having any contractions, and everything was moving along pretty good, the nurse came in about 5:00pm and asked how my pain was, I said that I was doing fine. She then said that I was dilated to a 6 and if I wanted an epidural she need to call the anesthesiologist as soon as possible, I was to scared to go through labor with out, so they came about 20 minutes later, after that they started me on pitocin to hurry the labor along, by 8:00pm I was fully dilated and ready to push, Michael and my Mom stayed in with me. At one point the Nurse asked Michael to help count to ten while I pushed, he was so nervous he just rambled out numbers, Mom and I couldn't help but burst out laughing!
after a long day KAMRY NIKKI DUFF made her arrival on August 21 at 9:56 P.M. She weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces and was 18 inches long. Everything went so well.. I hardly had any pain.. I was very lucky... She had jaundice really bad and had to be under the lights for 4 days, and have blood work done everyday it was awful!! But we managed to get through!!! She is doing so well now, and changes everyday!! We just love her SO much!! I've had so much fun staying home with her, the days fly by so fast, I cant believe she is already 3 weeks today! Crazy!!












5 comments:

Keri Larson said...

Hey Nikki congratulations!! I've been checking your blog like every other day to see if you had put up pictures yet. She is so cute and sweet! It makes me so excited to have mine. I hope it was an incredible experience for you. Good Luck with her and keep me updated.

Anonymous said...

she is so darling. I am so excited for you and that you are both doing good. I need to come see her next time I am there. Maybe a little play date eih?

Peay Family said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations, I am so glad that things went well.

The Jeffery Family said...

I have been waiting to hear if she was born! I am so happy for you! She is pretty stinking cute!

Jewels Rules said...

I'm so happy for the two of you.. well the three of you now twinner.. and I like that you have a blog cuz my family basically forced me into it so yay now I can see yours too..